Friday, May 23, 2008

Martin Farm -- Rock Island, Illinois

This is a winter scene of the John S. Martin Home in Rock Island, Illinois. The Martin farm was located in Bowling township, Rock Island County, Illinois.  It was near the town of Milan.
This was where Elmer was born and grew up as a young boy.

The photo below was labeled as the Martin farm where Elmer grew up in Illinois.  Elmer was the oldest son of the family and grew up working along side of his father and two younger brothers.

Below is an aerial view of the Martin farm at it looked in 1971.  During one of the days I was visiting with my Illinois Martin family, Wilber Martin, my great-uncle, hired a helicopter and took me up to see the family farm and surrounding area.  I, also, spent part of one day riding in a tractor with Duane as he worked in the fields.
1971 view of the Martin Farm, Moline, Illinois

No comments: